Janis Joplin

Rare Try performance

« Older   Newer »
Bansidhe
icon9  view post Posted on 1/8/2008, 20:01

Hi guys!! I'm back with one more question :mmh:

I've read on a youtube discussion (one of those in the comments session) that a long time ago the site had a rare Try performace on "David Brenner Show", but it was taken off (as usually happens with rare thing on youtube...). Has anyone ever seen or heard about it? :hippi:

DaughterOfTheMoon
view post Posted on 2/8/2008, 09:38

Actually I've never seen it...I've tried to googled it but I didn't find anything..

Bansidhe
view post Posted on 2/8/2008, 14:59

yeah, it's very difficult to find something out! I think I'll try to speak with the person who told us that. "Sam Andrew really gets in the way here. However, the best version of "Try" I've seen was from an old David Brenner Show segment, which once was on YouTube but was removed for whatever reason." :mmh:

thank you, anyway! :super:

PrincessOfHell
view post Posted on 2/10/2008, 20:35

Did you find anything else?? :)

Bansidhe
view post Posted on 5/5/2009, 01:50

Hey guys, sorry for such a long time...

but yes!

someone else's answer to that guy:
"I am pretty sure what you are referring to is Janis' appearance on the Johnny Carson show with David Brenner as the guest host. The show aired Nov. 3 1969 and Paul Anka was also a guest that night. David's short stint as his own talk show host happened after her death. Peace! " (by KosmicJanis).
and the guy again:
"I made an assumption it was David Brenner's show because the Tonight Show always had a smaller stage and smaller studio. I believe it was a special hosted by David Brenner. I have pretty much read everything about Janis and the Tonight Show was the one show she never appeared on."(by jamal49).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52FN8x-r2zE

4 replies since 1/8/2008, 20:01   418 views